It’s been a while since last time I posted and I promised that I’ll keep you up-to-date weekly about next plans and about next projects. In the last post, “Is there a future for phpGameTracker?“, I posted few pictures of the next version, the version which I’ve been working on in the last few months, but now, it’s time to reveal the next face of: *drum rolls* phpGameScan.
1. What’s so special about this script?
As I said in the last post, I’ve been thinking for a while if I should update phpGameTracker or not and I decided that this script deserves another version. A version with a lot of new code, written on latest technologies, capable to loading in few milliseconds, intuitive, dynamic, responsive for all devices and very easy to administrate.
I decided that this script must be written on a powerful framework and I chose Symfony 4.1.0 (at this moment, but I’ll update script with versions), Bootstrap 4.x for design and VueJS and also, PHP version is 7.2.
2. When will be released?
At this moment, I can say that more than half has been implemented and tested, but there’s a lot to do. I’m writing code slow, in order to filter my ideas twice, because I want this script to be optimized with few request on database.
Here’s a list with all implemented features at this moment:
- Registration / Authentication with email address and password
- News feature where you can write/read news written by staff + search included
- Add server
- Servers list + complex filters
- Rank system (servers are listed by rank, but VIPs have higher priority) – This was requested by users
- Server’s page (with details about server, claim system, vote system, favorite system, comment section, players list and dynamic banners)
- Game modes for each game
- Ban system for users
What’s left to implement for first version?:
- Recover password
- To finish admin panel (already started and it’s done more than 50%)
- View user
- My account
- Creating cron-jobs
- Report server system
- and few more stuff that are not vital, but are make this script awesome
This is the list for the first version of phpGameScan and I’ll keep updating it with features for at least 2 years from release date. I have a lot of ideas for this one, but if I’m starting all ideas, I’ll never finish this script.
That’s all for the moment. Photos next week
If you have any question, don’t hesitate to contact me via contact form or directly on comments.