Unfortunately, I don’t have good news! I’ll try to write a short article about what problems I encountered and what I’ll do next.
I’ve tested phpGameScan in the last month, current beta version without any other improvements and I’m really sad about current results.
I’ll list what was wrong below:
- Current library has +95% success rate for a good query response only for Source servers protocol (Counter-Strike games, Half Life etc.). Other games have a success rate below 40% which means that only 2 servers of 5, which means around 15 games which is quite bellow than phpGameTracker.
- Strange behavior with large sets of data. I made a simple script to get all servers from GameTracker and test them using this platform. Everything was good until I started all my crons to update servers. A lot of time to load, errors everywhere and my processor almost collapsed after one night. Let’s be clear, this is literally MY FAULT because I didn’t not optimized correctly the application.
But this application does NOT have only bad parts:
- This application is running VueJS for all features
- It’s capable to use multiple query libraries
- Has fresh design made with Bootstrap 4.2
- It’s mobile adaptive and responsive
However, because I don’t want to sell something which is not perfect, in my opinion, I’ll stop development for phpGameScan and I really don’t know if I will release it someday.
Script will remain private in my portfolio until then! I recommend you to stay close and follow my blog because I’ll start a mini-series with some amazing things I’ve made during coding my projects.
I hope you will understand my decision!